Tech Support Guy banner

Greatest Car company

1456 Views 28 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Couriant
COME AND TELL US ALL THE BEST CAR COMPANY YOU KNOW OF

I am an Aussie myself and Holden is the best company around, innovative and setting the standards of all other companies. My favorite car being the Holden Monaro, called the Pontiac GTO overseas, but Holden Monaro is the original.

*For all those who do not know just what Holden is, Google Holden and see for yourself.
1 - 5 of 29 Posts
MSM Hobbes said:
Can you clarify what you mean by "best"?
What i basically mean is, what you prefer to drive and see on the roads, all your opinion. doesn't matter how biased.
Stoner said:
One trend I see as a generality, and the GTO was guilty of it also, as the performance of the power plants have stepped up, so has the weight of the vehicles. Suspensions have kept up and handling in general, improved. But the image is of these new 'muscle' cars becoming overweight land yachts rather than high performance 'lean' machines that generated so much interest in the 60's and very early 70's.
Have to disagree with you there mate. Muscle cars are just that because they are big and bulky, and of course, sound good. Being lean and having agility like a Ferrari is not what muscle cars was made for, my opinion.
valis said:
IMO, anyone who has heard a Ferrari F-40 at full song, matted and redlined, will know the answer to that question. :)
Man Ferrari's aren't good cars, have you driven one, they sound like a audio casset rewinding and cost to much to look after, just impractical. Not to mention there gear box, needs major fix ups.
A lot of us here, are obviously car fans... How do we all feel about electric cars, hybrid cars...that sort of thing.

Personally, i don't like them, i'm a real gas and petrol bloke and that probably won't change. having said that, gas and petrol is not helping our environment but i can't see cars changing because car manufacturers don't have the money to take that kind of risk (to go totally hybrid) and die-hard consumers don't like that kind of change
1 - 5 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.