Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I got an email from Facebook saying they are going to delete my Community Organization page because it is a gray account. I also have a personal account on Facebook. I have searched the internet for hours trying to find the solution to this. Hoping you can help. Here's what the email said.

Facebook will disable this account after April 12, 2022. You can download your information and transition ownership of any Pages or groups you manage to another account.

Why are we disabling this account?
This account is known as a gray account. Gray accounts were used in the past to manage Pages and run ads. They don't have access to the same security features as standard Facebook accounts.

Using a standard account will ensure improved security and account safety on Facebook.
What are your options?
  • Create a new account or use an existing, standard account to continue using Facebook.
  • Transition ownership of any Pages or groups you manage to another account.
  • Download your information.
  • Delete your account or wait for this account to be automatically disabled after April 12, 2022.
You can also provide feedback if you think this email was sent in error.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi- I don't really know what to do. I think their instructions are vague. I don't want to lose my community org account or my personal account. I thought someone on Tech Support might have dealt with this before and could give me a clearer step by step on what to do to save the accounts. Thank you!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This might help. It seems you just have to link your personal Profile to the community organization's page as you can't just have a business page on its own.

https://www.tmprod.com/blog/2019/facebook-gray-account-fix/
Thanks. I did come across page roles when I was researching online. Thing is, my personal page is already listed as a link to the community page. On my business (community) page, the current page roles are my personal page (with my profile picture) and a page called admin (with no profile picture). Both pages have an edit button. I am unsure what that admin page is for or how that got there. It's totally perplexing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For some reason it adds the link as media, just click the article you see there and it will take you to the thread.
Thanks. I was able to click through to the post. And I posted on Reddit to ask if he had contact info for Facebook business ads. If you go to their website, there is no easy way to contact them. They just keep guiding you onto the next help screen. Will let you know how this turns out. Thanks a lot for your time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sorry but I don't know what else to suggest. :(
I don't know what else to do. There's no real good way to contact Facebook. I've tried asking at the computer places in my town. They know nothing about it. Have done a lot of searching and looking at videos. Asked others who have business pages. It's a real conundrum. Thought someone on Tech Support might have heard of it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yes - I have been to that page many times. Thanks though!!
What did you see when you followed the links on that page? Did it offer a chance for a review?
  • Get Started
  • Policy & Account Security
  • My ad account was disabled
  • What to do if you think your ad account was disabled by mistake
What to do if you think your ad account was disabled by mistake

If your ad account has been disabled, you can visit Account Quality to find out more information. In some cases, you can request another review.

Note: To request a review, you must be an admin on the ad account.

1. Go to Account Quality.
2. Click Account Status Overview in the left menu.
3. Look for a What You Can Do section.
* If you don't see a What You Can Do section, there are no further steps for you to take at this time.
4. To troubleshoot your account, follow the recommended steps in the What You Can Do section.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
What did you see when you followed the links on that page? Did it offer a chance for a review?
  • Get Started
  • Policy & Account Security
  • My ad account was disabled
  • What to do if you think your ad account was disabled by mistake
I tried most of the links on the page. Even more than once cause I figured there has to be something here that will help. I do not have an Account Quality button that I can find. I don't buy ads for the page. It's classified as a community facebook page - we are a service offering a variety of classes from Yoga to painting. From what I have read, the page needs to be linked to a personal page. Mine is when I look at page roles. That's why I am confused. I'll attach a picture of it. Thanks for your reply.

I ran into someone on YouTube who said that in order to fix this you have to delete your personal account and start a new page with a new email address, and then link the new page to the business page. I am dumbfounded that this would be the solution when it's the business page that is a gray account.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm the admin on a nonprofit's page and our director has been getting these same emails. I spent a couple days running around on the interwebs and found many of the same solutions you have, both from FB itself and other sites. The thing is, the only info I could find about grey accounts is in regards to depreciation and that's from 2015.
https://www.facebook.com/business/m...reminder-june-1-gray-user-account-deprecation

I finally took a good, long look at the email my director got and I think this might be a scam. The address in the footer is 1 Facebook Way in Menlo Park. FB's physical address is 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park. The FB Way address is often a sign of a scam I've read.
https://simplybuiltsites.com/facebook-phishing-attempt/

Also, if you're brave/stupid like me and click the links in the email, it goes to a "this content not available" FB page. I feel like if this was an actual issue and legit from FB those links would work.

The account I manage has a "gray" account from when it was set up initially, but now has three "real" accounts linked to it, including mine. I

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.