Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to the "gaming" world and i would like clarification on the difference between a graphics card and a graphics accelerator. On the box for the game , it says "16 mb graphics accelerator".If i already have a Vooodo 2(4mb), can i just get a 16mb video card or do i have to spend a $150 for a graphics accelerator?

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
There basically the same thing just different names as far as I am concerned. A graphics card accelerates the graphics processing :)

You need a card with 16meg on board memory, that's low by todays standard, I would get a minimum of 32.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey, I've been using a 32MB Radeon for a few months now and it's been working great on all the games. But right now the graphics cards are starting there 3rd(?) generation models and there are a lot of new ones coming out in the near future. You may want to wait any buy one of the newer ones that will be preferrable for future games.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.