Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there i have some problems with my graphics card wich so far not even PC world can fix,

I have an 8800GTS 320MB and when i play games the animations go really fast and in others even thou i'm getting over 100fps every couple of frames it skips or draws a previous frame, kinda seems glitchy. When i restart my PC the problem goes away for a while but comes back.

It is not a problem with my motherboard, i have tried the latest drivers and reinstalling directX, hell i've even tried reformatting but no luck.

I have had my graphics card replaces 4 times so i know it's not that.

Is there a way to fix this?

edit: Need for Speed ProStreet is unplayable because it is so damn fast, it's like its in fast forward. i have tried downclocking my graphics card as much as it will allow but still no luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have you updated the drivers for your card?

Also if your psu is not a decent make youll get amp supply problems to your card, an 8800 needs a quality psu to supply it with the amps it needs and if not youll experience issues and bugs.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Chaos, there is nothing wrong with the 8800GTS. I had 2 in SLI worked fine, so maybe all cards shouldnt be tarred with the same brush.
As to the problem, I would suggest that if the GPU has been replaced FOUR times, then there is probably another component at fault, and PSU would be a good guess. Also check if vsync is on, this cause the described problem as well :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Chaos - have you checked to see whether your mobo drivers / bios are up to date. Going back a few years I had a problem with an Nvidia card that drove me up the wall for months? After a bit of research I found that the card was incompatible with my bios version and I had to upgrade it - worked fine after that.

I would also query the PSU as well, just because a PSU states it’s wattage it doesn't mean that it produces a "clean" supply. Cheaper PSUs are notorious for this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chaos - have you checked to see whether your mobo drivers / bios are up to date. Going back a few years I had a problem with an Nvidia card that drove me up the wall for months? After a bit of research I found that the card was incompatible with my bios version and I had to upgrade it - worked fine after that.

I would also query the PSU as well, just because a PSU states it’s wattage it doesn't mean that it produces a "clean" supply. Cheaper PSUs are notorious for this.
i did check the bios settings, and the PSU is in working order

i have heard of others having the same issue and having 1000w PSU's

funnily enough with the older drivers the problem vanishes, but recient games bug me to update the drivers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.