Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point my 32mg Radeon 7500 wasn't cutting it for modern games, so I got a 7000 with 64 mg because that was the most advanced thing I could find that would fit in my machine. I got it, installed, and it worked- for about five minutes. Then the screen went blank and I couldn't get any response out of my monitor without reinstalling my old card. I got the card second-hand, and it came without a disc, so if there's a driver I need, I wouldn't know how to get or install it. After switching my cards back and forth about a hundred times with the same results, I've given up on figuring this out myself. Is my card broken? Do I need a new driver? Is there an "on" switch on the card somewhere I've missed?

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
Myzelf said:
At some point my 32mg Radeon 7500 wasn't cutting it for modern games, so I got a 7000 with 64 mg because that was the most advanced thing I could find that would fit in my machine. I got it, installed, and it worked- for about five minutes. Then the screen went blank and I couldn't get any response out of my monitor without reinstalling my old card. I got the card second-hand, and it came without a disc, so if there's a driver I need, I wouldn't know how to get or install it. After switching my cards back and forth about a hundred times with the same results, I've given up on figuring this out myself. Is my card broken? Do I need a new driver? Is there an "on" switch on the card somewhere I've missed?
well for one thing going from a 7500-32 to a 7000-64 is barely any real change anyway, certainly not worth all this fuss. what AGP slot do you have, I'm guessing a 2x/4x, or better yet post your system specs, you would probably want a 4x/8x card, like an FX5200 or 9000 series ati to get any real bump.

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
oh if this is a lappy, forget it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.