Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point my 32mg Radeon 7500 wasn't cutting it for modern games, so I got a 7000 with 64 mg because that was the most advanced thing I could find that would fit in my machine. I got it, installed, and it worked- for about five minutes. Then the screen went blank and I couldn't get any response out of my monitor without reinstalling my old card. I got the card second-hand, and it came without a disc, so if there's a driver I need, I wouldn't know how to get or install it. After switching my cards back and forth about a hundred times with the same results, I've given up on figuring this out myself. Is my card broken? Do I need a new driver? Is there an "on" switch on the card somewhere I've missed?

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Myzelf said:
At some point my 32mg Radeon 7500 wasn't cutting it for modern games, so I got a 7000 with 64 mg because that was the most advanced thing I could find that would fit in my machine. I got it, installed, and it worked- for about five minutes. Then the screen went blank and I couldn't get any response out of my monitor without reinstalling my old card. I got the card second-hand, and it came without a disc, so if there's a driver I need, I wouldn't know how to get or install it. After switching my cards back and forth about a hundred times with the same results, I've given up on figuring this out myself. Is my card broken? Do I need a new driver? Is there an "on" switch on the card somewhere I've missed?
well for one thing going from a 7500-32 to a 7000-64 is barely any real change anyway, certainly not worth all this fuss. what AGP slot do you have, I'm guessing a 2x/4x, or better yet post your system specs, you would probably want a 4x/8x card, like an FX5200 or 9000 series ati to get any real bump.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
oh if this is a lappy, forget it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.