Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
i think this is a quality card man, it would surely run battlefield games and all. but if im not mistaken it looks like its for other programs such as designing programs and "other than games" visuals. if you want a card for gaming id get something like the nvidia 7950 gt 512mb its great, and sli ready. and is gunna work great on anything other than gaming too. now i know theres other guys out there that know alot more about it than me, so i hope they reply also, because im not posotive what the ko is. kinda curious myself....

· Registered
2,307 Posts
This is a great choice for those games. The KO just means that the card comes 'slightly' overclocked from the factory. It will be marginally better than plain old 7900. You should be able to play BF2 and 2142 at max settings with no problems. Enjoy!

BTW - I found it cheaper here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130056

After the rebate, you save $10 plus Newegg's shipping is usually cheaper. :up:

· Registered
6,058 Posts
I think for the price, it's a pretty good deal. My 7600GT is not as fast but plays many games very well... I wouldn't spend much more on a video card - not when the 8800gs is coming out soon for $300. And when you get such a video card - you'll need a faster CPU to feed it, ya know.

Check to see if your mobo supports Core2Duo... but don't upgrade until you need to.

· Registered
6,058 Posts
YEs, it should - even my 7600GT can get close...

But 100fps in what RES? Unless the p4 is cheap ($50 or so) - can you upgrade to a Core2Duo? P4s never had the performance levels of AMD or even Pentium3 (clock rate)...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.