Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Hi Smokin Joe. I have tried for ages to get rid of the google toolbar without success but to relieve my annoyance of having to keep on seeing my failure, I went to view and un-ticked it. My main concern is the reported data scavenging that is being attributed to this toolbar.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Try to go to C:/Program files and try deleting it there(Google folder). If it says that the program is running press Ctrl+Alt+Del for Windows Taskbar Manager>Processes and if it's running click End process and then try deleting it in C:/Program files.
Also, if you have a firewall installed try removing the google toolbar from the Allow list so that your firewall can block it!

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Hi All. Went to start/search typed google and then typed toolbar found nothing. Right clicked taskbar and straight into task manager nothing in processes and as our friend smokin Joe nothing in add/remove. I have just been to local disk c: and found google but the folder was empty, so logically speaking I have already deleted it from my machine do you think?.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
If there's nothing in your Google file I'm pretty sure you already deleted it but try to see if the google toolbar is on your allow list on your firewall or some program that you have running!
Just in case! :)

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Hi Fellas. Thats what I would have thought but when I went to view on the firefox browser and ticked the goggle toolbar up it came, do you think there is a way that I can delete it from there. I've checked the firewall settings and google is not on the list.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happy camper! I kept playing around with clicking the Google logo on the left and finally dumped it. Sorry I can't be more specific but it was try try and try again. All I know for sure is "Something worked".:) :) :)

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Hi Smokin Joe. I'm well pleased for all of us who had this problem so having resolved it we can draw a line under it and mark it solved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rka01 said:
Hi Smokin Joe. I'm well pleased for all of us who had this problem so having resolved it we can draw a line under it and mark it solved.
All of my smiley faces in my original post are now :( :( . I still have only Blogger,Gmail and SMS as my only options when I right click a web page and try to "Send to: my email program. Still stuck with some part of Google Toolbar program, I guess. Have tried everything I know for the last month. No luck!! Anyone have more suggestions?

·
Retired Moderator
72,109 Posts
Smokin Joe said:
Still have the same problem. Blogger,Gmail and SMS are the only options I have, when I right click this page and try to send it to my Thunderbird email program??
Hihacked by Google??
I've split of the hijackthis to a new thread: http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/659332-hijackthis-log-per-request.html
You can continue to post there if you need to but the remainder of the problem seems to be with Thunderbird so I've moved this thread to Web & Email.

Since I don't use Thunderbird I can't help you with that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.