Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,961 Posts
Automotive exterior Font Rectangle Recreation Auto part

this means you have more than one window open for the app. See the light blue line? if you close the pop up, does that go to a solid blue line? If so, it's happening in Thunderbird

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I use Thunderbird but this pops up on other sites. Usually on my home screen when I log in. I did not have this happen on another computer which is now gone. I have popup blockers on but not help on this. I am signed out of Google. Also it just did another popup on this site. Could it be Brave (Chrome based browser) that's doing this?

·
Super Moderator
43,961 Posts
That could be possible. I don't use brave so I cannot say for sure but if it uses a google account to sign in, then that would be the likely cause, but it shouldn't be popping up when you log in, unless Brave is set to open when you log in, or at least have a startup icon.

In the search bar, type startup apps and see if Brave has an entry in there and turned on, for example:

Font Rectangle Technology Software Screenshot

If it is there, switch it to off, and then see if that helps.

·
Trusted Advisor
813 Posts
Blame the site not Google. Well, you can still blame Google but the real issue is the site you are trying to access accepts your Google credentials too. Don't use them. Instead, log into the account with your normal site account username and password.

Then don't ever delete your cookies!

But that last bit is bad advice. We all should every so often clean out the clutter and delete our cookies. But if you use CCleaner (as opposed to Windows own, Disk Cleanup) you can tell CCleaner to keep the cookies for the sites you visited regularly. But before others jump in, don't use CCleaner to clean the registry, or "optimize" your computer. Just use the Custom Clean feature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts