Tech Support Guy banner

Google playstore app for kindle fire?

792 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  cwwozniak
I recently received..a kindle fire? I think it's called, and I have had trouble downloading the Google Play Store app. The reason I got a tablet was to play my games that I play on my phone, on a bigger screen. All of my game stuff is thru Google. Does my tablet not allow me to use Google playstore?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Moved from Windows 11 forum. I assume that you have an Amazon Fire tablet. Its OS is built upon Android, but is not Android and can access a special Amazon store, not the Google playstore.
There is a way this can be done. I'll have to await a decision from management as to whether it is acceptable to share it here.
Well, Mark, if it is circumventing a restriction in the Amazon operating system that decision was made a long time ago. If this may be an exception you know in what forum to raise the question. :)

By the way, I have a Fire tablet and have looked into "workarounds" for an application or two and think that it is not worth the trouble and risk of messing up. Better to just get a real tablet, instead of battling with a pseudo-tablet that is designed for selling Amazon stuff.
I have googleplay loaded on my 10" Fire HD. I wanted the storm radar weather app on it. Ironically, the NWS dropped the Storm Radar Weather app so I had to remove it because it no longer works.

If it is decided it is permissible to share, I will post the instructions. It isn't easy to do.
We cannot do that, Liz. It, apparently, violates the Terms of Service for Amazon and/or Google.
Closing thread as Amazon devices are not listed as being authorized under Google Play Terms of Service.

https://storage.googleapis.com/play_public/supported_devices.html
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.