Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Google's Desktop Search? Any bugs in it? Negative side effects?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
xico, I tried it and it seemed to slow things down a bit. May just have been my imagination though. I really didn't care much for the system search results looking like web search results.

·
Trusted Advisor
85,507 Posts
Personally, I don't use any of those desktop search or toolbars. It's more clutter to deal with in your browser window. I keep the GOOGLE search site in my Favorites list for quick access.

·
Registered
29,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
junker39 said:
xico, I tried it and it seemed to slow things down a bit. May just have been my imagination though. I really didn't care much for the system search results looking like web search results.
Thanks, junker! It probably did slow it down! I'm suspicious of these "marvelous" add ons that we add on one moment, and take off the next. Thanks agin! :D

·
Registered
29,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
flavallee said:
Personally, I don't use any of those desktop search or toolbars. It's more clutter to deal with in your browser window. I keep the GOOGLE search site in my Favorites list for quick access.
Hi Frank,

Thanks. I don't use those toolbars either. Too much clutter. I've got Google as my own page, and I'm using Maxthon for my browser (that's the new MyIE2). The Google tab is always up. I just thought it might be something useful, but I'll stand pat on this one too. Thanks again.

·
Registered
29,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
flavallee said:
I've also got the standard buttons removed, which gives me another inch of vertical viewing space. The more viewing space I get, the better. :D
Hmmmmmm. That is interesting. I think I'll try that. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.