Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, "Adobe Audition" is waaaaaaay out of my price range. :)

Anyway, have a batch of 78 RPM records I want copy to CD, but want to run those which need it thru a program to clean up surface noise & clicks.

Any ideas on a Freeware program that will do this, or a GOOD program under $125(US) if possible?

Would be using with system below probably, but might have to use it with old 200 MHz. Pentium/32 Mb Video Card/32Mb RAM/32 Mb Sound Card system with Windows 98SE instead if moving things around doesn't work, & have to set up 200 MHz. system someplace else in apartment.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Sound Editing & Filtering
Easily edit ANY audio file! Cut, crop and trim; apply noise reduction to eliminate hiss, pops and buzzes; Apply special effects like echo, reverb and delays; Apply professional filters like normalization, notch filters, limiters and expanders; Add fades and crossfades, mix and remix audio files, remove vocals and much much more!
It's their Sound Editor 2001 application towards the bottom of the list, $6.97.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
That looks better for just a few $ more.
Burn 12 hours of perfect sounding music CD
Mind you I am always turned off by claims like that one! :D

Be warned, the removal of anything from music will inevitably remove some of the life from it. This is only detectable on very expensive systems however so is nearly always an improvement at the day to day standard by which we all mostly listen, but for extreme critical listening with top notch record playing gear you would notice not just the removal of the pops and clicks but some of the acoustic or atmosphere as well. Early Elvis, live recordings,(Humble Pie Rockin' the Fillmore :D :D :D ), all have natural acoustics which just get mashed by filtering them in anyway.

However, here is maybe not the place to start a CD v LP war, especially now! :eek: ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.