Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing is, does anyone else have gmail that just got a ton of invitations in their inbox? I want to hear from at least a couple other people to be sure its not just a fluke. Then if they remain Ill be happy to give out quite a few here. Ive gotten out of countless jams thanks to TSG and dont always have the funds to donate, so at least I can contribute this. If this isnt some kind of screw up and they dont disappear Ill give away no less than 75 invites. Maybe a few more.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
There are three left in my older account(which I don't use as much because it now gets spam, caused by a form email), but 50 in the newer one, which is 3 or 4 days old. I'll also be giving away at least 53 now. PM for one(email, full name). I hadn't noticed...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool,I think mine just came today. Same thing as Big-k said for me,email with full name (real or fake I dont care) and email address. Also Ive heard that yahoo and hotmail block gmail invites. I cant say for sure if thats so, but I did send one girl with a yahoo email something like 3 invites and she never saw one. But who knows.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
You know whats amazing? It is free:) McTimson informed me of one Hostrocket, its in the links section.

As far as I know yahoo doesnt block them, as I sent one(two accidentally) to my yahoo account not three days ago(tuesday).

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow,free and no ads? Do they give you dns server names to link to a domain name? (not sure if Im saying that right,web design stuff/terms isnt really my strongest area)

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Just look at the site and see what they give. Its somewhat limited, 20 megs of space I think, plenty of bandwidth for the little traffic I get, only online file uploading(although they give you a specific IP address, so I assume you can use ftp). I think they also have some sort of mail system too. It's quite good for a small site like mine, where you don't have loads of large files, just hundreds of small htm/jpg ones.

·
Registered
397 Posts
G-mail has swamped people with invites as a release is sure to come within a couple of weeks ...i presently have about 300 invites and thats after giving away at least 100 in the early stages of the g-mail hype. All the popular names are gone and they are worth very little now , about 10 cents a piece on ebay.

·
Registered
32,916 Posts
Well, this is odd...........i had 9 invites left..........just checked, now i have none :eek: .....not sure what happened there. :confused:

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Anyone have an invite they're willing to part with?

Thanks in advance.. Bill

·
Registered
18,196 Posts
moonmist said:
Well, this is odd...........i had 9 invites left..........just checked, now i have none :eek: .....not sure what happened there. :confused:
Hey, homey.... I just checked and the exact same thing happened to me! :confused: I had nine and now that link is gone. Weeeeeeeird! But it's OK. Everyone that was going to get one from me has gotten one, so....

·
Registered
18,196 Posts
somefellow said:
the link is moved ...look to the bottom left under " labels " , that is where the invites are now .
Ooooh! Thanks! :up: Movin stuff around on us.... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.