Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Norton System Works Professional Edition 2002. How do I find out which ver. Of Ghost do I have?
I have made a Ghost image on a dedicated partition, and I want to make a bootable CD set of backups.
I have given up trying to read and understand the manual, too much skipping back an forth. I then downloaded Symantec’s Knowledge base “How to create a bootable CD that can restore a Ghost Image” and The Coaster Factory tutorial “How to create a bootable ghost rescue CD”

I am still having the same problem, reading so much, it runs together and some statements conflict.

Does anyone have a step by step tutorial, on how to do this, one way, all the way through, without putting in except if you have this or do this for something else?

I have the same problem with IRS tax forms, so it may just be my ability not to read and sort out the correct information. These tutorials are so marked up with highlight markers that there is not very much black print left

I generally read and type my own tutorial, checking it as I do it, but I have been unable to so far gotten anything in type.

Just looking for some help. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts
Hiya

I just popped along to Symantic's site but they don't have version
Norton System Works Professional Edition 2002

They have 2001 and 2000 and 2.0 and 1.0

Which one is it? As for Ghost, as I'm not using it myself, is there a Help on the drop down menus? Clicking this and going to About may give you the version number.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eddie, I have noticed that the Symantec site is always behind there sales department. I purchased it at Circuit City and I have seen it advertised many places on the web. Systemworks Pro 2002 is what it is.

I have bumped around in the program and have not run across the ver. yet.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
http://www.sover.net/~whoi/WinUtils3.html

There might be something there to help you.
This has some great downloads with many functions

I can't find hide nor hair of the ghost program that copys harddrive to harddrive

Sorry :( maybe this will help though

Savvy

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks SavvyLady, I will check out that site.
What I have will do what I want it to do, it's that I just can't decipher the instructions, or condence them to 1,2,3 instructions.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.