Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the hard drive in my computer and was told that I could use the old hard drive (Sata) by inserting it into a "box" and using it as an external hard drive.
Did exactly that but could not find any of the files.
I have since given it to the IT guy at my work who also couldn't find anything on the drive. He is planning to put it back into a computer but has not got round to it yet. He has said that it is not a simple job and something that I can't do myself as it is an involved process. I desperately need files from this hard drive and don't want to wait until he "has time". Incidentally I did not back up because the reason for the removal of the hard drive was that the system was looping and I could not get into anything.

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
How did you look for files when it was connected? Did you search? What did the file structure look like? Did you locate your profile folder? Were you able to open it?

Exactly what does this tech plan to do for you that you can't do for yourself? If the files aren't there when connected externally, they won't magically appear when connected internally.

Some people have had luck with a program called Recuva.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.