Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I was wondering if i get 1 gig of ram and buy 2 ram that is 1 gig will it improve my speed and performance for gaming and etc?

So far i have 768MB of ram. I would like to know which type of ram i should buy and which one you guys recommend.

My system info is

Mobo: ASROCK P4i65GV
Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB
Currently Installed Memory: 0MB
Available Memory Slots: 2
Number of Banks: 2
Dual Channel Support: Yes
CPU Manufacturer: Intel
CPU Family: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
CPU Speed: 2394 MHz
Video Card: Radeon 9250 Series
Driver Version: 64.0
Total Ram: 768MB

I would like to know which ram u guys recommend and if i upgrade it to 2gigs of ram helps to increase the speed of my computer as well for gaming.

- I appreciate your help

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Not so much what we would recommend as what your Motherboard manufacture would recommend that makes a difference in a system. What is the recommendations they give? Jazz

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
What OS you are using makes a lot of difference, too. And how much RAM is being used by your system now.

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
As Rock boards are very difficult to match to ram be careful. This is guaranteed to work.
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=P4i65GV
Not terribly sure what you mean about buy 2 sticks that are 1 gb...you want to add to your 768, I would not do it buy new what you need at one time as ram is cheap today and your board as I said is extremely difficult and I would never match ram in one of those, it won't run.

·
Registered
121 Posts
"if i get 1 gig of ram and buy 2 ram that is 1 gig"

If you mean "Should i get 2-1gig sticks or 1-2gig stick?" i would go with 1-2gig memory stick. haveing 2-1gig memory sticks tend to give the blue screen a little more

·
Registered
121 Posts
i meant if you started to get blue screens it would be easier to install new memory due to the fact 1 more slot would be opened up.

Sorry, really bad wording now that i look at it

Also i would be careful with crucial, maybe this was just a bad go of it, but i had a defective stick and it wouldnt show up, and then it fried my motherboard =-( and thus causing me to upgrade =-D which wasnt to bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.