Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to create a TOC in Word 2000, I get an error message that says no TOC entries found. I've tried to use headings and also tried using "TC" entries at each level (I wrote the document in a custom Bullets & Numbering style; e.g., 1., 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.1.1) but still get the error. I tried checking "use field code" instead of heading style--to no avail.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi btweedy,

If you have tried Heading styles and TC's then it should be working; have you tried the standard method of closing Word, searching for and deleting all occurences of file NORMAL.DOT, then re-starting Word?

Not 100% on what you posted, I wouldnlt expect a TOC from Bullets and Numbering.
Also check that in your Insert \ Index and Tables \TOC that the 'Show Levels' covers your heading type e.g if you are only showling level 1 then you you will get an error if you have only used heading 2 or below.

lol
Hew

PS If you have tailored Normal.Dot then of course you will have to re-tailor it after Word creates it anew (which it does if it doesn't exist).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.