·
Gone but Never Forgotten
26,895 Posts
You looking to get spanked? :eek:

P-2-P spells taboo in these here parts! :rolleyes:

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
26,895 Posts
Not asking how to do it, Jim; the other thread already covered that. I'm asking ... what's the diff "effectively" between P2P & YouTube, since the latter is often "promoted" round these parts.

:)
Not sure. I think the difference is that on YouTube you can't actually save the file unless you have special hacking software.

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pyritechips said:
Not sure. I think the difference is that on YouTube you can't actually save the file unless you have special hacking software.
This wouldn't even have occurred to me till I got broadband a couple of weeks ago. I don't know about "special"; I'm certainly no "techie". But I'm playing, err, "something" from my desktop right now thanks to that other thread. & I could certainly strip it to plain audio with Audacity, which is also promoted regularly at TSG.

So, ban YouTube "promotion"? How is it even legal?

·
Registered
17,418 Posts
This wouldn't even have occurred to me till I got broadband a couple of weeks ago. I don't know about "special"; I'm certainly no "techie". But I'm playing, err, "something" from my desktop right now thanks to that other thread. & I could certainly strip it to plain audio with Audacity, which is also promoted regularly at TSG.

So, ban YouTube "promotion"? How is it even legal?
the video he wanted is of his buddy getting drunk how is that against the rules hmmmm :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lexmarks567 said:
the video he wanted is of his buddy getting drunk how is that against the rules hmmmm :rolleyes:
The other thread mentioned that particular video. However, there's more than one video on YouTube. Within 10 minutes of finding the other thread, I had on my hard drive a music video by a (now defunct) hard rock combo which I also have on pre-recorded VHS, bought from a store.

The other thread came up about #4 when I Googled something like "capture YouTube". Therefore, TSG provided instructions for (potentially) circumventing copyright protection on that occasion -- hmmmm-K? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.