Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440. Everytime that I start windows XP this device wont start and it brings up a standard yellow triangle and says that the device will not start.

This is also the second graphics card that iv tried and they are both the same. And the motherboard has been replaced with no effect.

Iv tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver with no change and Iv also tried the latest Nvidia drivers, guru 3d drivers and the windows update drivers with no effect. Iv even used an Nvidia removal tool and then reinstalled it with no luck.

The odd thing is that to get any of the drivers to work I have to disable the driver, then enable. Then I close device manager and open display properties and change the resolution from 640x480 to 1024x768 (the screen is already at 1024x768 even though it says 640x480). It then goes blank for about a minute, the hard drive and cpu go mad and then everythings fine untill i start up again.

If anyone has any suggestions for me they would be appreciated. Im no expert but iv tried the basics and nothing works

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.