Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build a new gaming pc. (or should I say have it built for me). I don't know that much about hardware but through research I have found I can save hundreds of $$$ by buying components from Newegg.

This computer will used mainly for gaming and occasionally for video editing.
I would like to keep the price around $1,800 to 2K.
From the reviews I've read I like the Intel core duo.
I'll also need (2) 250 gig hd's.
I'll need everything from the OS to the mouse:D
I'm also staying with XP and don't plan on upgrading to Vista for quite a while.

I plan on ordering this within a week or so - any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...shListNumber=3412829&WishListTitle=Super+cool

A complete super sweet computer for under $2000
It includes a Core 2 Duo E6600, 8800 video card, the only directX 10 (you will be able to play the newest games coming out for vista) It comes with XP pro with a certificate to upgrade to Vista.

Very fast and sweet. better then any pre built computer you could get for that price.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the advice. I'll check out both options -
Shuster that video card is $600!!!
That should hold me for a while:D

Thanks again for the help - now to go check out Newegg.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
You can get a GTX8800 for $400 but they are from cheaper manufactures. when it comes to the latest and greatest cards try to stick with BFG for Nvidia and ATI for ATI this will insure you will get the best speed and quality not to mention the best gaming experience.
But with Vista releasing and being on the shelves at the end of this month DirectX10 is the way to go. With the setbacks Vista had over and over gave game makers plenty of time to get games ready for directX 10.
Just take a look at the detail that it will offer
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77741
those games are ready to go and more.
I do like gaming always have and can't wait.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.