Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there! this is my first question here in tsg. please help.... i have an acer aspire 5740 laptop with 2gb ram, 320 gb hdd and an intel(R) core(TM) i3 processor, i think thats enough to run such games like warcraft III and pvz(plants vs zombies) "but" these games are still lagging in my laptop. it's really annoying!:mad: please tell me what to do, my friend told me i have to reformat my hard drive. is it the only way to solve my problem?:(

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSG.

A few questions :)

How old is the laptop?
Have these games worked fine before or has it always been like that?
What operating system are you using? (Windows XP, Vista, 7).
What antivirus software are you using?

Alot of the members of these forums are in the US, so if you are not on the same timezone it may take a bit of time to get a reply (they might be asleep haha). Please be patient and we will see what we can do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is about only 4 or 5 months.
No. These games did not worked fine when I've installed it in my laptop.
I am using windows 7 ultimate.
My antivirus software is avast.

It's ok sir. I understand.The fact that you reply, makes me feel glad. I think my problem is near to be solved.
:) So I thank you in advance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hi there! this is my first question here in tsg. please help.... i have an acer aspire 5740 laptop with 2gb ram, 320 gb hdd and an intel(R) core(TM) i3 processor, i think thats enough to run such games like warcraft III and pvz(plants vs zombies) "but" these games are still lagging in my laptop. it's really annoying!:mad: please tell me what to do, my friend told me i have to reformat my hard drive. is it the only way to solve my problem?:(
What's your video card model?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah what Irukku says, its dependant on your video card, big stores like pc world etc, brag about laptops with blablah 4gb ram or a dual core blah blah cpu, but when it comes to games, most laptops don't come with anything more than onboard/shared graphics chips (128mb) i am current on my gaming laptop - dual core centrino - 2ghz and 4gb ram - but what makes it good for gaming is the Nvigia geforce 9600m 1GB its packing as well - i run COD black ops max details around 40fps - if you have vista you can easily see if you have decent graphics adapter installed by checking the welcome centre or in the start menu, start typing device - and it will find a link called device manager, open this and look under the header for display adapters, see if its just a standard VGA graphics adapter or if it actually has a name (ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce) for example, hope this helps :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know what's my video card model, is that Nvidia...ATI something?? If that's model of video cards you are talking about, my video card model is ATI. I'm not so sure, I'm sorry sir. :( What should I do?? please explain it to me in a simple way.

I'll also try your suggestion satanicguardian.

Thanks for the replies irukku and satanicguardian.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
You are good to go for everything in your laptop except your integrated Intel graphics card. This laptop is a decent desktop replacement, but is definitely not built for the gamer.

By the way, you don't have either AMD or Nvidia, you have Intel, and it is an onboard video card that shares the main memory of your computer with the video card.

It is not up to gaming.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Check, in your task manager (right click taskbar -> task manager), if you have any processes constantly consuming CPU resources. Or take a screenshot of it and let us take a look.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mmm, on the above menu, click view -> select columns... mark "I/O Write bites" and "I/O Read bytes". Check if any processes have massive ammounts of disk operation done.

The system idle process CPU comsumption actually shows what's not in use by anything in the system.

Random lag spikes could also be CPU/GPU/overall system overheat. You can check your current system temperature with softwares such as speedfan.

I know Intel HD graphics is the worst you can get as a GPU nowadays, but honestly I doubt it wouldn't be able to run War III smoothly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it shows a lot of processes having massive operations. What can i do to reduce it? Ok, i think your right, I'll try to grab that software.Thanks.
Please keep viewing my posts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey bilgert, I think I know why you computer may be lagging. There are a few different reasons.
1. Illegal copy of windows
2. Graphics settings are set too high
3. Your motherboard and or video card are crap
4. There could be bugs in your windows copy because its newer

Number 3 is the most likely. Integrated graphics cards are never good for gaming.

I have a Dell Desktop computer that runs just fine with new games. Its about 6 years old. It has Pentium D 2.8 Ghz processer. 3gb RAM. Nvidia Geforce 6800 video card.
I run Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2 on it fine with high resolution with no lags.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.