Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years I have had a linksys wireless B routher along with the linksys wireless B adapter, well recently i lost the B adapter so i made a trip to the store trying to replace it, well seems B is outdated and now it all G, I was told that G adapters are fully backwards compatible with B routers. Well i got home and set everything up, and i connected and worked great! But! if im not browsing but the internet is still on (Like a leave it on for a download) the internet will stop working, its says that the wirless connection is still active, but all downloads stop and i cant browse. At first i thought it was my cable modem or router, but if i disable the adapter and enable it, it works again!

PLease help :confused:

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Look for any "turbo" modes on the router as well as the new adapter, and disable them. In general, different brands don't do well with any proprietary add-on speed-up options.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I'd be amazed if you can't disable that feature...

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Well, it could be that you're confused, you didn't consider that option. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Confused about what?? I asked for help you gave me sarcastic answers instead of helping me! I thought this was a tech suppor forum! Im not stupid its clearly oviouse theres not a way to disable the speedbooster!

·
Registered
9 Posts
motorsportsm said:
Well then i guess your amazed :)
Yea do a google on your card, I did.

A few sites talk about disabling it. Happy Hunting
:down:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.