Tech Support Guy banner

Fullscreen Issue

372 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  NaderHussain
Hi,

i have been trying to fix this myself for the past few days. This is my last resort guys.

My issue:

Whenever I start any Fullscreen Application on my Windows 10 PC, It glitches open for a second, even plays the sound of the game or whatever it is, and then instantly minimizes again, as if something else takes over the focus.
Same with trying to ALT+TAB in, I have included a gif of it happening. (In the GIF the screen goes black, but for me it shows the game for a short amount of time).

I also noticed the "losing focus" thing while watching Youtube videos in Fullscreen. It doesnt instantly have focus, too. I have to manually pause the video first and then I can again pause it with my Spacebar or use "K" or whatever.

The issue started after I installed the latest Windows Update, of course. But I am beginning to think it might be something else.

I have two monitors, one 144hz and one 60hz.

I have run a Virus Scan and it has found nothing.

Please help me guys, I am extremely frustrated and cant really use my PC right now since I switch a lot through Applications and have two monitors, usually one with Discord open too, so its only natural for me to alt+tab out of fullscreen games every so often.

Thank you for any help.
Lorenz from Germany

PS: In the GIF included I click the Game once, then as it minimizes on its own, I click it again and then after it minimizes again I ALT+TAB into it and it does the same thing.

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Hi,

i have been trying to fix this myself for the past few days. This is my last resort guys.

My issue:

Whenever I start any Fullscreen Application on my Windows 10 PC, It glitches open for a second, even plays the sound of the game or whatever it is, and then instantly minimizes again, as if something else takes over the focus.
Same with trying to ALT+TAB in, I have included a gif of it happening. (In the GIF the screen goes black, but for me it shows the game for a short amount of time).

I also noticed the "losing focus" thing while watching Youtube videos in Fullscreen. It doesnt instantly have focus, too. I have to manually pause the video first and then I can again pause it with my Spacebar or use "K" or whatever.

The issue started after I installed the latest Windows Update, of course. But I am beginning to think it might be something else.

I have two monitors, one 144hz and one 60hz.

I have run a Virus Scan and it has found nothing.

Please help me guys, I am extremely frustrated and cant really use my PC right now since I switch a lot through Applications and have two monitors, usually one with Discord open too, so its only natural for me to alt+tab out of fullscreen games every so often.

Thank you for any help.
Lorenz from Germany

PS: In the GIF included I click the Game once, then as it minimizes on its own, I click it again and then after it minimizes again I ALT+TAB into it and it does the same thing.
This problem looks like a Windows Update induced bug. I would recommend rolling back the update. There are times when Windows 10 updates create various issues.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.