Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have been working on my friends Pavillion 6630 computer. I installed windows 2000 and now 90% of the times when the machine boots the mouse will not respond. I tried going into the safe mode and that worked for a while and then same thing happened in safe mode. I swapped the mouse with another one and still nothing. I thought the BIOS may have a bad battery and I changed that and still no luck. The settings in the BIOS are set correctly. I deleted the mouse so windows would see it but it didn't work either. I am going to get a USB mouse tomorrow but if any one has heard of something like that I would appreciate the input. LS

·
Registered
14 Posts
A similiar mouse problem had happened to me a few weeks ago and it was due to a broken cpu fan mount (causing overheating I suppose). I had the fan mount replaced and so far no problems.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for your inputs guys. I checked the CPU fan and it seems to be solid and it runs good, however that was a great suggestion. The second suggestions is a great one also however I am not sure where to download a generic mouse driver for win2000. I went to Micorsoft site and I didn't see any there. If any ideas I appreciate it. LS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.