Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a computer for somebody and the case has a front USB. I havn't used front USB too much and this one has a connection I haven't seen before. Can any body help me attach it? Case is a Super Case AL-A300ATX, mobo is an ASUS CUV266 and the front USB has 8 sinlge wires each with a single pin. Pins say: (1)+D (1)-D (1)GROUND (1)+5V (2)+D (2)-D (2)GROUND (2)+5V The USB 5-6 root hub has pins 1-9. Can I jerry-rig it some how or is there a proper way to hook it up?

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked in the manual and didn't see much, but I'll look again. Also, pin 10 on the mobo is empty. Do I need a connector thing like they had in that link? All I have now is 8 loose pins/wires.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, well thanks anyway. :)

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does NC mean? One pin 5 says NC... and if that one isn't needed then I figured out how to connect it.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I think I've been down that road before. :rolleyes: I attached the pins without using the NC #5 pin and when I get the thermal grease replaced I will find out if it works. I'm guessing it should though, but you never know. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.