Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply

I have a fresh install of Windows 7...all updates applied both software and firmware, and even though this dvd player/burner was used to install Win7, it does not work after the full install to both read and write to. It is not shown on My Computer and it doesn't list but it does list on the Bios on computer start and is enabled on the motherboard. It is an older IDE dvd burner 16x I believe, and it last operated just fine, (it did, after all, install Win7 from a DVD on fresh install.)

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

·
Deceased
3,850 Posts
Hi try this
1. Press Windows R, type regedit and press enter.
2. Open the Registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. When I get a chance I will try this. Dealing with a 2 month old boy at the moment, so when I have internet time is hit or miss.....you know? Anyhow, thank you for the reply and I will check this out when I am not changing a diaper. :p

=)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok

I ran the registry edit and opened the key, but after clicking it to select it (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, I do not see what you speak of on the right side.

This is concerning a black Liteon DH-20A1P45c Dvd burner. There are no working drivers on the website and windows 7 doesnt like it so far. It used to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.