Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezing problem.

1K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  casper0191 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right section, but I'm seriously having problems with my PC as of today.

At times when I'm using my computer, everything freezes up for about 5 seconds and turns out to look like this on my screen:

And I'm seriously confused. I reboot and everything is fine, until it happens again!

&&.. Even my Keyboard and Mouse freeze up at random times. Sometimes it's just my mouse, and sometimes it's just my keyboard. Or both!

SOMEONE HELP :(

See less See more
#8 ·
For right now, have you tried to do a system restore to a time before this started to happen?
If you go into device manager, are there any yellow triangles with ! or? in them?
One thing you can try is to boot into safe mode (gently continously tap the F8 key while the computer is bootin. When the safe mode window open use the arrow keys on the keyboard to scroll up to the 'last good configuration' item, click enter. Let the computer do it's thing.
It is quite late here in NE (11:10 PM) and I am shutting down for the night but will check back in the am.
vicks

#14 ·
This appears to be a problem with the video portion of your motherboard. Can you borrow a video card? Some stores let you return them up till 30 days Cough (Fry"s) Cough.. Check store for details.

Also try removing your memory sticks and reseating them.

#15 ·
This appears to be a problem with the video portion of your motherboard. Can you borrow a video card? Some stores let you return them up till 30 days Cough (Fry"s) Cough.. Check store for details.

Also try removing your memory sticks and reseating them.
Yeah I missed that part of possibilities. Are you using a video card? on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.