Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Free Domain

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  ferrija1 
#1 ·
Where can I get a 100% Free domain. No costs at all.

#2 ·
Techman360 said:
Where can I get a 100% Free domain. No costs at all.
If your looking for a domain like mysite.com I doubt you can. I have known and been with a few providers that give you a free domain but I had to ensure I had x amount of hits and use advertisments. If you don't get so many hits (it was 200 unique for me) they close your account/domain.

If your not willing to pay use a free provider and grab a shorter domain from somewhere like short-url.com.

#15 ·
namenotfound said:
dot.tk is aweful. And I tend not to go to sites linked using a .tk url

It puts your site in a frame, and that stupid ad they display is annoying.
I know it is but you could redirect to something better. And it is the closest thing you're going to get for free.

#17 ·
ferrija1 said:
I know it is but you could redirect to something better. And it is the closest thing you're going to get for free.
You could get no-ip.com for free. But that's not really a domain, it's a subdomain. yoursite.no-ip.com

#20 ·
Squashman said:
What's wrong with paying GoDaddy $9 a year.
nothing really. but he's probably a kid with no cc or paypal and parents who wouldn't trust using their cc online for any reason. that used to be my situation. so i understand completely if he's coming from there too :p

.tk used to be cool until they turned lame with the ads. -_- there used to be this service once whose names i forgot that did it pretty well. but since i forgot that's pointless. wait. it's coming back to me.

darn. i remember the format/method they use but not the provider. i remember having an old site of mine using this as the domain

http://nav.to/tact1

so it would be "someword.to/yourname"

it wasn't bad. i just wish i could remmeber who provided the service.

edit: oh i figured it out. turns out they put a nasty ad way at the top and theire name just happend to be in it. lol

www.v3.com

the ad sucks. sorry :(

#21 ·
Tact said:
nothing really. but h:eek: e's probably a kid with no cc or paypal and parents who wouldn't trust using their cc online for any reason. that used to be my situation. so i understand completely if he's coming from there too :p
That still is mine. :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.