Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've created a very simple form on a Dreamweaver page that will allow staff members of my computer lab to submit the total from the daily customer log. I want the form to email the result to me when the form is submitted. I cannot use the simple mailto: action because the staff computers are shared workstations and email clients are not entirely set up.

I've created various processing pages using cfm, php, asp, cgi, and none of them work. Every time I submit the form in Firefox, it just loads the processing page and displays the full source code. In IE submitting the form results in IE trying to download the processing page as a Dreamweaver document. If this problem is familiar to anyone I would appreciate any help in solving it.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
7,154 Posts
Please post the complete HTML page containing the page. It sounds like the form possibly isn't defined properly. Did you install a script to process the form on your server?

Peace...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.