Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to log into a computer I haven't used for awhile. I don't remember that password that goes along with that computer. It gives me the message "The system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct, then type your password again..."

Is there a way to reset the password? There is no other account on the computer. I've tried to log in using Administrator in Safe Mode, but it wouldn't allow me to do that either. Is there something I'm missing?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hello,

I am trying to log into a computer I haven't used for awhile. I don't remember that password that goes along with that computer. It gives me the message "The system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct, then type your password again..."

Is there a way to reset the password? There is no other account on the computer. I've tried to log in using Administrator in Safe Mode, but it wouldn't allow me to do that either. Is there something I'm missing?
"The system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct, then type your password again..."
This means that it is setup to log on to a network (domain) and not to log you on to the computer itself.
If this is your computer, it is odd that you do not know that it is configured as part of a network requiring a network logon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a computer that was given to me from my last company before I left. There was a network on it while it was at the business, but there is also a login for just the computer. So, there is the company domain and a regular (this computer) domain. I cannot log in to either. Obviously, I can't login into the company domain as I am no longer at the company. However, it will not allow me to log on to the regular computer domain either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose I can understand why. I'm really just needing a way to restore the computer back to default settings. Like I said, it was a company computer that is no longer being used at the company. I'd like to get rid of all the networks and start fresh.

·
Administrator
123,574 Posts
Unfortunately, we cannot assist with since we can't verify the actual situation or intentions. Please refer to this section of the forum rules:

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

Closing thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.