Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help, we have recently moved and we finally hooked the computer back up. the problem is i forgot our admin password and login. i can get in as a user only. please tell me there is a way to reset the system so i can change the admin password to something i will remember. please help i cant even do any burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Gone but never forgotten
6,781 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I burn all the time on my limited account. Sounds Fischer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
redoak said:
Much easier way: "Go to Control Panel, User Accounts. Click on the account you want to change the password on, and select the option to change it. You do this while logged into the account you want to change the password for."

This advice comes from this Thread:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/540488-need-change-password.html?highlight=Password

{redoak}
This will not work. Read carefully, he has lost his administrator password. He is logging into a limited account. Fischer, please use the link that has been provided in the post by "Bill the adult".

Thats the correct way of getting your administrator account back. Its a back door entry into windows user management and thankfully it has not been plugged yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.