Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell-O Computerland ( Old Company, and now it's everyone )
I have seen many computers with MS DOS and MS Windows as their Operating System, and all are in English. Now I have come across some others that have a Foreign Language installed on some machines. What does it take to get a Spanish OS CD to have it installed on a computer for the Latin persuasion. Or is there a Third Party software that can do this? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Welcome to TSG!

Microsoft offer all of their software in a variety of languages, and this includes Spanish.

Try local software stores, especially in heavily Spanish speaking areas. You could also contact MS Sales about this.

I searched eBay and found this Win98 Spanish ver. going for $40.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Hiya DS! Cool new Avatar!!

If I read you correctly, you're asking me why I want MS in Spanish, yes?

My Spanish is very bad!
or is that moy malo???

I understood that alfixthisthing was looking for a Spanish version of an OS, and he/she mentioned Windows and Dos.

Or maybe you mean that I should have replied in Spanish???

I wouldn't put anyone through the torture of trying to read anything I write in Spanish!

veleicht, sie konnen auf deutsh schreiben!

ou en francais?

or at least provide me a dadburned spanish translation, duckboy!:D

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
RandyG,

My Spanish is going south very fast, someone here (very sweet) I won't mention names has busted me on a few, and she's not buying in on my 'they were typos' excuses. :rolleyes:

Duckboy stays after school, I hope not......:(

DS

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Well, 2 replies, one where Candy corrects me, and the other where DS says he can't spell great, but no one telling me what was said!:confused:

DS, what were you trying to say? I only picked up a modicum of Spanish because I graduated High school in Miami back in '86. I am not trying to slag your attempts!!:eek:

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
RandyG

Oh, no don't get me wrong here, whatever you may lack in Espanol is totally understandable.

I on the other hand have no excuse as Spanish is my native language...... I didnt speak a word of English until I was 12 years old, then I came to the US and crash coursed English because I had no other choice.
I speak to mom and dad (who live in Tampa) in Spanish on the telephone, I assure you if my mom saw this, and the problem I am having with spelling in Spanish.........

........I don't want to even think about it.

I think la senorita AcaCandy will be making me stay after school until I can get it right. :(

DS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank You!
RandyG Thanks for the Welcome to this site. Dark Star Thank you for the info on this subject, and AcaCandy Thank You for the chance to obtain a Spanish OS CD. I'm new to this and it seems I came to the right place. I have several people here around the LA area that would prefer the Spanish Window 98 version than the stuff that's comes on the machines from Walmart. I'm trying to break into this new career with computers and have come across some people who would like a computer, but cann't read English to well. I'm looking into reinstalling Windows on some of these machines, but with the native language of the clients. Thank You again people. *Al*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.