Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i'm having this problem with my site. i assumed the font CAC FUTURA CASUAL was installed on most computers. we all know what happens when we assume, right!! i need to know how to pull the font off of my comp and place it on my page for those that don't have it. i've looked for it, but can't seem to find it anywhere for download.:confused:

·
Account Disabled
1,222 Posts
That's extremely poor webmaster etiquette to force people to install a font in order to view your web site. I don't allow any site to install anything on my computer unless it's a universally used and accepted plug-in. If it's not, I don't go to that site again.

There are plenty of fonts available for use that are on nearly all computers. I suggest you use those. Some Windows operating systems can experience problems if too many fonts are installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have never used the term webmaster to describe myself. i am a guitarist in a band that has a small bit of knowledge regarding computers and the internet. the font appears on all systems except those running windows 98. the chosen font just happens to be the same font we're using on our demo cd and first release cd. is it really poor webmaster-ship to use a font that is included on windows and the program i used to design the site?:confused:

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Xory, you can get that font at this site. It even gives the users instructions on installing it. You'll see the link to download that font at the bottom right hand corner of the page. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
ROFL, Bryan.

As for you, xorynnel, do you have a graphics program? If you make your stuff in images using that font--you've got nothing to worry about. Perhaps that's an easier workaround for you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you all very much. i'm limited with space and the audio files take up most of it. we also have pics that eat space. like i said, i'm a guitarist, not a web design person. all of your replies have helped very much. i will recomend this service to anyone with comp questions.
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.