Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I turned on my computer this morning, I went through a series of bafflements and realized that the folder 'sierra' (which is located right in the C:\ drive) and all its subfolders were not there (and I also noticed a great increase in free hard-drive space :)). the only thing new I had done was check for spyware, and it removed a bunch of things for go!zilla. Could it have been a virus? I wouldnt be surprised if it were my cat to blame. Anyways, I just want to make sure this doesnt happen again, because it will take a week or so to be mostly recovered from this... tragedy :D

thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill try the virus scan. no, its gone, 'show all files' has been selected, the shortcuts assume it has been moved, and cant find anything, and typing in 'c:\sierra' should bring me there reguardless.

It would have been hard to accidentally hit the 'shift + delete' sequence (because nothing is in the recycle bin).

I've just reinstalled what I can and am just going to assume it was an accident. If I find a virus or if this magic happens again, Ill keep you posted of it.

thanks,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.