Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new here and have a problem. I just built my own personal computer, this isn't my first and won't be my last build. My problem is: my floppy will not read any floppies, it is showing up on xp as working. my bios is setup right, i've changed the cables 3 times, swaped drives out. The floppy does work on my other computer fine. I now have no idea what to do next. Its not the biggest problem in the world but its bugging me. heres my system setup: motherboard: PT800CE-A ECS, P4 2.56Gig, 512mb, max: 60gig 7200, xfx mx 440, sound blaster live 24 bit 6.1, all sony drives(dvd/cd-rw, cd-rom, floppy) is there a jumper or a setting i'm missing? tried to reinstall drivers and etc... and still no change, also cleaned the drive. Help :eek:

thanks,
Bill

ps: tried a search but didn't fine anything to answer my question.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it keeps telling me to insert a disk in drive A: the light comes on like it should and etc...And like i said this drive works fine in my other comupter. And if I swap my other floppy in it does the same thing. Do you think it could be my mobo? Now I'm thinking that I should've bought the Asus P4v8x-x mobo instead.

·
Banned
295 Posts
i had the same problem the cable in the back of floppy is in the wrong way even if it has a lump on it so it only goes in that way either take the plug off the cable and turn it around or cut the lump off or do as i did find an old floppy cable which doesn't have said lump.
with mine i noticed the light on floppy was always on but xp said please insert floppy even though i had done so. let me know if this solves your problem:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.