Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, oh please let this be the right forum. If not, be sure to scold me.:rolleyes: My cursor is flickering like a strobe light and making me ill. The only time it doesn't do it is when I hover over a hot-link, etc. It started a few days ago and I'm stumped. Any advice is welcome. :) -Fish

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. No new downloaded software, games or anything else new. I use Netscape almost all of the time, but as I reply to this, I am using Internet Explorer and it is flickering. After my last post, it stopped flickering (again), but started its old tricks later.

I haven't updated my video drivers. Is that easy to do?

Thanks for your reply!! -Fish

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
FrozenFish Im not sure if this will help or not... but go to help & type into the index "cursor" & when it comes up go to its properties & adjust it...especially the speed.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Ok,lets try this.Right click on My Computer>click on properties>Device manager>click on the + sign next to Display,This will tell you the name of your video card.Right click on your card>Properties>Drivers>Click on update drivers,and follow the prompts.If that doesnt work,go to the web site of the manufr.of your card and see if there are any driver updates for it.

Lets us know how you make out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel. Double-click on Keyboard. The Speed tab should be selected, if it's not, click on it. Look for a section called "Cursor Blink Rate" toward the bottom of the window. Try adjusting the speed to something slower by moving the the bar to the left.

I think this is what SavvyLady is referring to. (I just thought I'd spell out the steps.) Sometimes Windows Help can be very useful.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
You aren't IUPChick and ShootingStar27, are you? Why can't you decide on a user name and stick with it? Although techguy and techchick do go together... unless you are someone else. (sorry if so) :)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Thanks Tech Chic... I didn't know how to find it so I went to help...

LOL... thats why I wrote it that way

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Welcome to TSG... sorry about the mix up.

Savvy... didn't you just reach 2000 yesterday? You post fast. :)

G

·
try removing the mouse in safe mode and rebooting .remove it from the device manager and see if there are more then 1 mouse there thes are called ghost drivers

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
deuce_mn
Savvy... didn't you just reach 2000 yesterday? You post fast.
It was the night of Jan 2 that I made my 2000th post

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.