Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my FlashPlayer has strangely stopped working. I've tried uninstalling, and installing different updates, like Flash 8 and 9, but nothing seems to work. My problem is almost identical to the person's problem on this page, http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/680741-flash-just-stopped-working.html, except i have XP, and my problem is definately related to ActiveX. Nothing to do with FlashPlayer works. No videos, no games, nothing. Also every time i open a site, it asks if i want to allow ActiveX, which has never happened before. When i try to reinstall flash player it gives me a message that it failed, and refers me to a help site.

"Failed to Install
For TroubleShooting tips, please see http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166"
- exact message

I remember something about an update around a week ago that had to do with Flash, and i was in the middle of something, so i cancelled it. It was asking to restart my computer or something. This is all very confusing. I have fiddled around with Adobe reader, and also took some advice from the previous forum, and downloaded shockwave FlashPlayer. This is really getting annoying, and i've read several forums telling me so many things to do. If anybody has any advice on what i should do please tell me. I'm also about to try deleting everything to do with adobe and flash, like adobe reader and stuff like that. I don't have any other programs by adobe. If you need any more info make a reply i'll be checking in on it like 5 times a day, I really need to fix this problem.

P.S. if you don't have anything more to say then "reinstall it" then don't bother.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Oh, by the way, welcome to TSG forums.
Download the program and save it to your desktop or make a folder in documents for downloads to go into. Then disconnect from the internet, disable firewall, antivirus and try to install the program.
See if this helps.
Let us know
Vicks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i tried it and it didnt work. Also one thing that might be wrong. My shaw secure settings were high, and i set them lower that might help. It's not that it's being denied by any security program, it's just that it fails. Or maybe it has to do with security. Does this problem have anything to do with those constant Active X warnings? They come up and ask if i want to activate Active X controls and Plug-ins, and if i press yes, the site loads. This has never happened before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.