Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i am attaching the .fla file for further reference. All i want to do is to link the 6 buttons to .html files. Its like using flash header while the rest of the website pages are .html files all containing this .swf file as header(menu).

i think i should be editing the following code?

on (release)
{
if (_root.link != 1)
{
_root.main_menu["item" + _root.link].gotoAndPlay("s2");
_root.link = 1;
_root.main_menu["item" + _root.link].gotoAndPlay("s1");
getURL("index.html", "");
}
}

and visually there are 6 buttons ... but in the library there is only one button. Also their instance cant be changed ... i really cant figure out. Pls help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi there,

You`ve already got an instance for each of the buttons:

_root.main_menu.item1
_root.main_menu.item2
_root.main_menu.item3
_root.main_menu.item4
_root.main_menu.item5
_root.main_menu.item6

is this what your looking for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh thankyou but i just found that out. What i am trying to do is to link these items. Its like 6 html pages having this .swf file as header. I want to link all these buttons to appropiate .html pages...

·
Registered
270 Posts
you can use an Iframe (horrible solution), create 6 diferent .swf files or simply create one .swf for each button.

Anyway, in my opinion, having one .swf file and inserting it on all pages is better and will consume less virtual space on the server, giving the user (visitor) a faster and lighter download speed and weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.