Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLash file runs fine on PC but not on site

879 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  slurpee55 
#1 ·
Well, that pretty much explains things. The HTML and swf (Flash) files are in the same folder (where they were designed to be) and they webpage runs fine both on my PC and the server guys say it runs fine on theirs. However, IE just loads eternally without actually running the Flash file and Firefox loads quickly, ignoring it altogether.
Someone suggested that my server just didn't have the capacity to handle large Flash files, but it is only 981 bytes...If you want to see it in inaction, the page is:
http://www.artconceptstomflynn.com/indexnowork.html

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
To slurpee55:
Got a simple question, for the flash intro are all you suppose to see is
the "F" in the box in the upper left corner. Because that is all i got for
the intro, went up to clicked and was taken to your index html page.
So i might suggest you change the flash intro to the name of index.html
and the index html page to another html name.
FYI: I was viewing your web on a supposed high speed cable connection,
if you believe the cable hype. But it is faster than 33.6 dial-up.
I can extend this offer to you, if you would like to run a beta test
contact me at my web site and click on live chat and i'll temporarily host you swf file so you can see if
it is really and IE issue or a hosting issue with having to spend hours trouble shooting Murphy's's law. By the way no charge, I hate seeing users wasting good time on stupid is as stupid does, as they say. Flixx.

#3 ·
Hi flixx,

The "F" is the artist's logo and will take you to the index page, as things are set up now, when you click on it. I did have the page as the index page and it did nothing then either. The flash file should load in the middle of the page, but doesn't. In IE you at least see a rectangle if you highlight the page showing where it should be; you see nothing in Mozilla.
I too use cable, and mine was recently upgraded - but I have tried looking at it on a dial-up connection...really doesn't matter when nothing happens.
I will get back to you on your site when I get home - don't have a copy of it at work.
Thanks for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.