Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a copy of Flash5 Bible, that's supposed to have a CD-ROM with it, but doesn't.

I have Flash 5 in (I have WIN 98 and feel it works better with older stuff) and would like to learn more about it. I've gone through the built in tutorial that comes with it.

The Flash5 Bible seems very extensive, and must cover everything, but will not having the CD get in the way of learning from it? Can I substitute something else (maybe the files from the tutorial with Flash 5) or get the CD-ROM or files as a download somewhere? Preferably free or low cost :)

I've been looking online and found a discussion board set up by the author of the book, with one topic about "if the files on the CD ROM don't work right" but the board is old and seems outdated, maybe even dead.

I don't even know if I can ever learn flash, so don't want to put too much money into it. If I can learn some of the basics about 5, at some point I'm hoping to get a new/better computer and could move up to the newer version.

I have quite a few older books (someone who went to school for this had them and was throwing them out) and none of them have the CDs that came with them.

Thanks,

~ Carrie

·
Super Moderator
43,959 Posts
As in Macromedia Flash?

Try Flash 5 for Dummies. It comes with a CD, which I'm sure that has some kind of program to use. If you are in the US, try Overstock.com. It's $15.67 (RRP $24.99) plus $1.40 shipping. Or even here at half.com where it's as low as $1.25 or $4.00 brand new for 2000 edition. Delivery should be about $5.00

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the book Flash5 Bible someone gave me (with a lot of other computer, etc books they no longer wanted) but the CD is missing from it.

I wondered if I could get the CD somewhere- of the files I might need to do the projects in it, or if using the book WITHOUT the CD (files on it) is possible.

I know it's not free.

Is it okay to GIVE it to someone if you don't want it (the book)?

I've given books away and had them given to me, and bought them at yardsales, or used on Amazon, etc. With this one the CD that originally came with has been lost.

If I need the CD and can't use the book without it, and can't get the CD or files for projects in it (alone) somewhere I probably would have to buy another book to get it.

~ Carrie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.