Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would suggest a "closed" or "solved" button for a question. Sometimes, I'm browsing the forum reading lots of questions which have been resolved by others.

So I look at messages with relatively little posts. But sometimes, threads with one post are solved, while other threads have 20 posts but still no solution.

So I think it would be a good idea to "flag" threads that are solved.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Moderators have the power to change the title of the thread, so AcaCandy puts [solved] and the other 8 put {resolved} in the beggining of the title. They do that whenever possible, but the problem is that really only 1% of the people who needed the help came back to tell us if the advice worked. You might think that it was solved as the advice works most of the time... but these are computers we are talking about and they aren't exactly governed by set laws that make them run exactly the same every time...so a solution that works for 99 out of 100 people using the same exact setup might not work for the other one. We just don't know, and they don't help us out in that are, unfortunately. So anyway... that is why you see so many solved threads not marked as 'solved"... because the person getting the advice didn't come back to tell us.

I'm not sure... (Mike can correct me) but I think flagging solved threads is a limitation in vB and that is why we change the title.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
What you should do when your thread has been solved it to click on the 'Report this post to a moderator' at the bottom of the post. Then just tell them it has been solved and they will mark it as such.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
hewee

what do you mean, you don't have the 'Report to a mod" link?
It's in the bottom right corner of every post.
Did you mean that? :confused:

:)

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
You know... Mike likes to pull those tricks. Make an error and then I say something but then he changes it the second I say something but then it's already changed and no evidence that it was wrong to begin with, so people think I am crazy... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Wait a minute... people already know that! :eek: :D :cool: :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.