Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got flight sim 98 and was told I need to upgrade the graphics card. My computer is a Mitsubishi Apricot LS 500 P2 233MMX, 96 meg ram, ATI 3D range pro(atir3) on board graphics. I am using windows 98. I have bought a Voodoo 5 500 64mg PCI graphics card and would like to know how to fit it. I am told I will have to disable the onboard graphics either on the board or through bios, as I am a novice please can you guide me step by step through this procedure. I dont even know how to get into bios

Thanks

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
On-board video disabling (J50)
If you install a video adapter expansion card, the computer should automatically detect this and disable the on-board video adapter. If for some reason this does not happen, and you experience problems with a newly-fitted card, you can manually disable the on-board video adapter by moving the jumper in block J50 to pins 2 - 3. For Details see: http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/apricot/mb/aprmust.htm

To enter BIOS depress F1 on boot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dan Thanks for the info but I think my mother board is a lightning and not a mustang been on the site you suggested and now trying to find the jumper settings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.