Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent so much time on this and have not gotten anywhere. hopefully someone can help.

my computer is running windows xp pro with service pack 1. a while ago, my firewire port stopped recognizing devices that i plug in (my sony video camera and all 3 of my external hard drives). i switched firewire cards, but that didn't work either.

device manager is currently telling me that the OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller driver is working properly. but when i plug in one of the devices, nothing happens.

i'm currently using a sound blaster Audigy 2 Platinum (http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=150&prodName=Audigy%202%20Platinum&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster) as my firewire port. i just got the most recent drivers from create labs. (although i think it doesn't matter, from what i've read, firewire drivers are built into XP and aren't included with the soundblaster's install software)

I've tried different devices, different cords, and different firewire cards and have had the same results with everything. so i'm assuming that the problem is with the PC since that is the only constant.

does anyone have any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.