Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sent out my old Firelite to Flash Fixers to have my files recovered,which they did for me and transfered the files to a new Firelite. Anyway if I have a problem with my Firelite, can I bring my Firelite to an Apple Store in my area and see if they do File recovery,if anynody has their files recovered how much do they charge.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If anything goes wrong with one of my Firelites, I'll just take the drive out of the enclosure and either plug it internally into a PC with a 2.5" to 3.5" connector adapter cable; or fit it into another external USB enclosure.
If the drive itself isn't damaged (as opposed to the enclosure circuitry) this will make it readable right away.
If the drive IS damaged, it'll cost zillions to get the data professionally recovered.
The cheapest solution is to ensure that you ALWAYS have ALL the data on the Firelite backed-up to another device.
I do, even though my Firelites have been running fine for a couple of years at least with no glitches at all. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.