Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that my problem is relatively unique. When I try to open firefox, whether through simply double-clicking the shortcut or using the Run function, firefox won't start. I noticed that in Task Manager the process firefox.exe starts (like it normally would), but then disappears. I suspect a virus.

I've tried reinstalling but the problem is still there. I cannot open Profile Manager to make a new profile as suggested on the Mozilla website. I've scanned my computer with Spybot SD and Ad-aware and I've even used CCleaner (if that helps..)

I am trying to open from administrator, not regular user.
(I'm currently using another computer, but the one affected is my primary school computer)

Help is appreciated..

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
7,417 Posts
Which version of Firefox are you using? Also, I would try uninstalling Firefox, reboot, delete the profile folder, reboot, then re-install Firefox and see what happens.

You mention having Spybot S&D installed. Do you have TeaTimer enabled, by chance?

Peace...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Polestar
Spybot and Ad-aware have deleted all the virus' that they've found..
@bennet
No, there's nothing. The process is simply deleted or something
@tomdkat
Firefox 3.0.1
I tried that but it didn't work...
TeaTimer is enabled.

I did notice that in my C drive there's a folder:
C:\ff9660b9d8e3d7bbb431ff443e54c700
C:\ff9660b9d8e3d7bbb431ff443e54c700\update
that I can't open or delete because of the Access is denied message, even though I'm administrator on my computer...

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
7,417 Posts
@Polestar
Spybot and Ad-aware have deleted all the virus' that they've found..
Spybot and Ad-Aware won't scan for viruses. You'll need to use an anti-virus app for that. AVG, Avira, and Avast! are some free ones you can use to scan your system for viruses.

@tomdkat
Firefox 3.0.1
I tried that but it didn't work...
TeaTimer is enabled.
Disable TeaTimer in Spybot S&D and re-install Firefox and see what happens.

Peace...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.