Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not want any sort of embeded video, etc. to auto play, under any circumstances. Up until the most recent Firefox update, I was able to enforce this preference by setting the media.autoplay.enabled parameter to False, in the about:config settings.

Since the update, this setting is no longer effective. In confirming that my existing setting had not been altered (it hasn't), I found that there are several media.autoplay.xxxx settings that I don't believe were there in earlier versions of Firefox.

Can anyone recommend a combination of settings the will restore the behavior that I had before the update? To be specific, I want to see the static initial image of the video, and only have it start to play if and when I choose to hit the start button.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the link. I made the suggested changes, and first indications are that it fixed the problem. Will have to live with it a while to be sure.

If I understand the info in that thread correctly, the original media.autoplay.enabled parameter is a dead branch now. If so, they should have removed it from the available settings altogether. Also, the recommended change of setting media.autoplay.default to 1 to inhibit autoplay is at best, obscure and counterintuitive.

But at least peace and quiet have been restored. Thanks again for the quick help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.