Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed the latest version of Firefox and Thunderbird onto my laptop.

Could anyone tell me how I can display the e-mail icon onto my Navigation Toolbar. I have been to View, Toolbars, Customize, but the e-mail icon is not available.

Very strange as the same Firefox browser and Thunderbird are both installed on my PC and the e-mail icon is available.

Is there any other way of reaching my e-mail from Firefox???

·
Registered
57,788 Posts

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
I have not use either of them because I never use my ISP email much and use webbase email so really have no need.
I got FF 1.5 and it has or had the read mail and new message link from the tools menu but I am hiding then along with so many others using Menu Editor that I love so I can hide all the links I don't use or want to see from FF. Homepage on it is here.

But those mail links you have are there to click on so if you have new mail come there is nothing to tell you that you have mail like netscape did and I think the Thunderbird Biff will do that for you so you would not have to open Thunderbird up unless you had mail.
You have to install it it Thunderbird and FF it says.
More here on it.

Says...
SUMMARY:
This add-on provides a visual indicator of new Thunderbird mail availability in supported clients (Firefox, Sunbird) and Thunderbird itself. Note: you MUST install this add-on in BOTH Thunderbird and supported clients as there are both client AND server portions which communicate via a TCP/IP socket.

and

Some Thunderbird settings can affect the behavior of this add-on:

(a) Tools|Account Settings|Server Settings|Check for new messages every X minutes MUST be enabled. This add-on's results are triggered by the same mechanism through which the built-in Thunderbird biff is triggered. However, the built-in Thunderbird biff does not need to be enabled for this add-on to function. But if Thunderbird is not set to check for new messages on at least one account, do not expect to see much value in this add-on.

(b) Only IMAP and POP3 accounts are checked for new mail arrival. RSS and Newsgroup accounts are ignored.

Plus a lot more at the site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.