Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Ive only been using Firefox for a short while. Every once in a while while surfing the net, a new tab will open automatically, showing the content of my C: drive all nicely organised in its appropriate folders, ready to be explored. Why is that? Initially i thought someone was copying my files :) I hope its nothing bad! Can someone please shed some light? Thanks,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, its an actual Firefox window that opens. With the c drive folders and directory path names next to it. ill try to get a screenshot next time it happens.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
The path (file:, then three forward slashes then the path with all backslashes converted to forward slashes) is the URI syntax to open local files from the address bar. I don't why it is opening automatically in Firefox.

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
I would go to programs, firefox, firefox (safe mode) and open firefox up in safe mode and see if you still have the same trouble. If the trouble goes away then it is a Firefox-Extension so you need go tru and disable them to find out what one is giving you the trouble.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.