Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Firefox 64 bit (Namoroka 64 bit) keeps renaming my files every time I download them. It adds a (x) suffix to my files, which is very annoying.

Here is how it goes: I download a file, it keeps the original file name. But watch this: I delete the file from the folder it was downloaded to, I download it to the same folder and it renames it to myFile(1). Same for the next times: myFile(2), myFile(3). Remember, the original file is no longer present, yet it renames it like there was some file name conflict, which there isn't. What's more: it does this for all my other files! Keeps adding (x) suffix like there was a conflict.

So why does it keep doing this and how do I fix it? Thanks

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
If clearing the Cache and history does not help, uninstall and reinstall FF. Don't worry, FF will save you bookmarks and settings.

BTW... Welcome to TSG

Raybro

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
If you are satisfied the problem is fixed, please click the "Mark Solved" button at the top-left of the thread. The originator is the only one who can do so.

BTW... Was it the clearing of the history and cache that fixed it? Its always good to post the detail of the solution for the benefit of others who may experience a similar problem.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
please mark this thread as solved

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
what is your FF version? If it is legacy, try upgrading to the latest version.

·
Trusted Advisor (deceased)
5,180 Posts
Go to Tools>Options>Privacy tab and set FF to NOT remember "Download History".
You can also check "Clear history when FF closes", click Settings and select the items to clear.
That should clear the records of your downloads from FF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.