Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago, I started to get a message at startup saying "Searching for winload" After a few minutes it would then say something like "The closest file size is ZZ" Now at start up I get a screen labeled "Finished ZZ" with a message in the screen saying "Abort (1) invalid parameters passed" Help!

·
Gone but never forgotten
8,684 Posts
If this was/is happening at startup, you should be able to find an unselect the culprit in MSCONFIG > Startup tab.

Also, are you running Norton System Doctor or any other "fix it" type programs.
What happened originally sounds suspiciously like one of these apps finding a missing entry or shortcut to WinLoad (that had been deleted or poorly uninstalled), then doing a search of the disk for any file that resembles it.

If so, I would recommend stop running it. And then run it periodically. Also, go into the options and turn off anything that looks like AUTOMATICALLY fix, and change it to ASK or PROMPT. (the automatically fix option many times, should be changed to Guess!!!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.