Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Specs: WinXP, 450 PIII, 512MB)

In file folders that contain a sizable number of image files, the icons take--what seems like--an unnecessarily long time to load. For example, if I have a folder containing roughly 100 JPGs at about 3-6 MB each. If I am viewing the folder via the Details View, it takes for ever for each of the Photoshop icons to load next to the adjoining JPGs. I do a lot of cataloging of files, so the Details view is the best choice for me.

Does this sound like a problem that a registry hack could fix--assign a generic icon file to all image types? I just don't know why it would take so long for the icons to load, and the process tends to hog memory. Could it be a Photoshop file-association problem? Never-the-less, the files open fine and there are no other problems.

Thanks for any thoughts / solutions.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Apparently Photoshop inserts a new function having to do with creating thumbnails of images that it is associated with. If you right click on a jpg or tif or similar and select Properties, you will see a tab called Photoshop Image. All you have to do is to uncheck the Generate Thumbnails box and this won't happen again for any of the filetypes that Photoshop is associate with.
Source

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.